The first two years of the MD Program – known as Foundations - take place in laboratory, classroom, clinical, and community settings and are designed to prepare students for the workplace learning that occurs in clerkship.
Spanning 72 weeks, each week of Foundations has its own objectives and assessments to guide student learning and build toward their achievement of the MD program’s key and enabling competencies.
For a description of the design of the curriculum for first and second year, please refer to the MD Program Academic Calendar
Foundations – Year 1 & Year 2
- Foundations courses, components & themes
- Foundations Course Directors and Administrators
- Foundations Schedule 2021/2022 (PDF)
- Foundations Schedule 2022.2023 (PDF)
- Key dates in year one of Foundations 2021/2022 (PDF)
- Key dates in year two of Foundations 2021/2022 (PDF)
- Key dates in year one and year two of Foundations 2022/2023 (PDF)
- For information relevant to the technological systems used in Foundations, as well as assessment and evaluations, please refer to: