Faculty of Medicine Research Conference Bursary for MD Students
FACULTY OF MEDICINE, MD PROGRAM
RESEARCH CONFERENCE TRAVEL BURSARY
APPLICATION DEADLINES: Friday May 29, 2020 and Friday November 27, 2020
Students in the MD Program presenting at medical conferences are able to apply for a research conference travel grant of up to $500. Applications will be considered twice a year, at the end of May and end of November and conference travel must take place within 6 months either before or after the application deadline.
If the number of applications received exceed the financial capacity of the fund, Student Financial Services will select applications by lottery. Each student may only receive this bursary once.
- Complete the application form , providing a detailed outline of the conference you are planning to present at, including location, dates, cost, organizing association and name of the conference.
- Submit a copy of the abstract of the research that was or will be presented.
- Provide confirmation of acceptance to present at the conference.
- Provide financial estimates or expenses for conference fees, travel and accommodation.
The following expenses will be considered:
- Car rental maximum $60 per day for a maximum of 3 days,
- Economy airline and train travel
- $120 accommodation maximum per night at maximum of 3 nights
- The MD Program is unable to reimburse for food/alcohol/social expenses.
- Please complete the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for additional expenses or information.
- If a student is selected for a bursary and unable to attend the conference for any reason whatsoever, they must inform Student Financial Services at the Faculty of Medicine.
To request an application, please contact:
Bill Gregg, Associate Registrar, Student Financial Services or
Jennifer Osti-Fonseca, Awards and Student Financial Services Coordinator