Student tools & eResources
- U of T Portal: Blackboard is U of T's institutionally supported learning management system (LMS) and Student Portal. It is a full-featured LMS with an advanced content system, a variety of student communication tools, and easy-to-use course administration features.
- MedSIS: an internet-based student information, evaluation, and registration service for MD Program students.
- ACORN: the new student information service at U of T, which will replace ROSI Student Web Service in Spring 2016. ACORN enables students to enroll in courses, check fees and finances and do other records and registration tasks such as making updates to address and contact information. The purpose of ACORN is to provide a more convenient, personalized and guided experience for students using U of T’s online services.
- CMAP : the fully searchable curriculum map of all didactic teaching in the MD Program. Available to all MD Program students, staff, and teachers. Users must log in using their UTORid.
- The Hub: provides students with a centralized site for trusted resources chosen or created by U of T faculty members. It aggregates up-to-date and relevant resources for a particular topic or diagnosis.
E-mail options for students
Each student in the MD Program is required to obtain an official U of T e-mail address and ensure that it is recorded in ACORN. Faculty will use this e-mail address to communicate official information to students. Each student will be considered to have received any communication sent to you by the Faculty using this e-mail address. Students are therefore expected to check their e-mail regularly. Medical Students have access to two new email systems: UTmail+ and ONE Mail Direct. These two separate systems are intended to be used in two very different contexts; please take a moment to familiarize yourself with their different features and uses on the Discovery Commons website.