Housing & residence information
With residences as diverse as our student population, the University of Toronto (U of T) offers many housing and residence options so you can customize your living experience.
Students at the Mississauga Academy of Medicine (MAM) can access residence on the U of T Mississauga campus. Medical students and Graduate students live in the townhouse community of Schreiberwood. Students living on their own, and with families, are welcome.
UTM residences provide students with:
- Fully furnished private bedrooms with access to wireless internet, state of the art laundry facilities and close proximity to a wide variety of food options on campus
- Connections with other students, including others in the Mississauga Academy of Medicine
- Peer-based social and academic supports – you’ll have two Residence Life Staff members right in your community to help make the most of your year
For more on the residence options available at UTM and to apply, visit UTM Student Housing & Residence Life.
Residence application opens: May 29, 2017
Application deadline: July 7, 2017
St. George campus
There are a variety of residence options available for medical students on the St. George Campus. This includes spaces at Graduate House, Loretto College (female only) and in U of T’s affiliate and independent residences. There are also space available in Student Family Housing (ideal for students living with partners and/or children).
Graduate House offers 15 spaces for first-year medical students. In order to be considered for a designated spot, please e-mail us by Monday, June 19, 2017 to indicate your interest. Candidates will be informed of the decision by Thursday, June 22, 2017 via e-mail.
All students who are interested in Graduate House should also submit an online residence application via Star Portal by Thursday, July 6, 2017.
Applying for residence on the St. George campus
- Review the residence options for graduate and professional program students.
- Create a residence application on Star Portal. To login, enter your U of T student number and click on ‘obtain password’. A password will be sent to you with further instructions.
- Once you have received your login credentials select the residence options you are looking to apply to and complete your residence application. You must submit a deposit along with your application.
Residence application deadlines and deposit amounts may vary; please consult with the residence you are interested in for more information.
If you have questions about the status of your application, please contact: email@example.com
Off campus housing
U of T Housing Services offers information on off-campus and temporary housing options. They also provide you with access to rental listings through an online portal and provide support if you have questions about living off campus, tenant rights and more.
Every year our current medical students advertise housing opportunities in Toronto and Mississauga through the Facebook group for incoming students . Be sure to join the 2T1 Facebook Group.