Office of Indigenous Medical Education
We work to further Indigenous Medical Education by:
- responding to questions regarding the Indigenous Student Application Program (ISAP)
- developing and supporting Indigenous Programming within Undergraduate Medical Education for students looking to learn about Indigenous concepts of community, health and healing
- supporting Indigenous medical students through scholarships and bursaries
- developing curriculum around Indigenous concepts of health and healing
- creating a culturally safe learning environment for our students within the MD Program
- mentoring students to help them succeed along their chosen path in medicine undertaking Indigenous community outreach
- advocating to address interpersonal and systemic racism in collaboration with the Chief Diversity Officer
- undertaking Indigenous community outreach
Dr. Lisa Richardson, Co-Lead, Indigenous Health Education
Dr. Jason Pennington, Co-Lead, Indigenous Health Education
Rochelle Allan, Indigenous Peoples' Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) Program Coordinator
Visit the OIME YouTube channel to view videos from some of our community members who have generously shared their stories with us.
Please join us for the annual Dr. Marguerite (Peggy) Hill Lecture on Indigenous Health. We are very pleased to present Julie Bull, award-wining Southern Inuk researcher and educator, who will speak about Indigenous Data Sovereignty.
To RSVP for this event please see attached poster or click: https://bit.ly/2z2gC2F
Monday, December 3rd 2018
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Campbell Conference Facility (Munk School of Global Affairs)
1 Devonshire Place, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3K7
Space is limited. Refreshments will be served.
The 2018 annual Dr. Peggy Hill Memorial Lecture in Indigenous Health is presented by the Medical Alumni Association in partnership with the U of T Office of Indigenous Medical Education.
Office of Indigenous Medical Education, Undergraduate Medical Education
Medical Sciences Building, Room 2354
1 King's College Circle
Toronto, ON M5S 1A8